Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Lo and H.H's argument

"You do not understand me. You will never understand me! Why must I have all these rules. As if I don't already do everything you ask. I'll show you. You can't have my entire life. You don't own me you know.  Carl and Al find me attractive. I know that they would love to kiss me on my very mouth. Let me be a child, just once. Let me go to the roller rink and go to the movies with people my age.. You are depriving me of every good natured thing that comes with being a young girl. You are a crook and a lousy father! You murdered my mother and now you are slowly killing me!"

"Hush, hush Lo. This is all nonsense. It is a father's duty to protect their daughters. I am doing this for your best interest. I am doing it out of love."

Just looking at his smug face made me sick. I scampered off and slammed the door, not before I looked him in the eye and squinted as if trying to see through his dark soul. I thought to myself, "I will win this. I'll show him." It is not that I am particularly fancy of these boys. After all, none of them are really in my league. They are all young virgins and I am a step above the rest. But it is not about that. It is not about the actual boys or the experiences I am missing out on. It is the fact that Hum is being so darn selfish and depriving me of my general rights. I am tired of being cooped up with him all day.

Sitting on my bed after recovering from my minor meltdown. I devised a plan..
I would tell Hum that I am not understanding math as well as I would want too. And have arranged to meet with my teacher after class this week. When he suggests that he shall tutor me, I will simply say that he is too much of a distraction and that I want to focus all my energy on mathematics and not get sidetracked by other matters. I will throw in a few compliments here and there and I should be on my way to some unchaperoned time après l'école.Then I can roam the streets with other children my age. And perhaps.. even spend some time with boys. Ha! He will never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment